Chrome Berets New Member Regulations
***Please read the following regulations carefully and click the "Accept" button to continue to the New Member Application.
By continuing you agree to all items listed below.***
Eligibility: To be eligible
to be a member of the Chrome Berets, R. Talsorian Games' official demo
team, you must meet the following qualifications:
Duties: Chrome Beret members are
expected to perform the following functions:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must own at least one R. Talsorian product and be familiar
- You must have a personal e-mail account and regular access to the
- You must be registered with the forum at
http://www.cyberpunk.co.uk and check the Chrome Beret forum regularly.
- You must check the Chrome Beret website regularly.
- Schedule demos at local stores and conventions.
- Run demos at stores and conventions
- Act as an ambassador of R. Talsorian Games to retailers and event
- Become familiar with a variety of R. Talsorian Games products so
you can effectively demonstrate various systems and settings to
retailers and consumers.
- You will be expected to contact stores in your area and volunteer
to run demonstration events. Inform retailers that you are a
member of the official demo team for R. Talsorian Games.
- Try to schedule the demo at least three weeks in advance so that
the store / retailer has time to help you advertise your event, or
provide resources for you.
- To remain an active member of the Chrome Berets, you should run
at least one event every six weeks. If no events are run after
two months, you will be moved to the inactive roster. If no
events are run after another two months, you will be removed from the
Chrome Beret roster all together. Appeals will be heard and
judged on an individual basis.
- Demonstrations run at stores will be for the purpose of
introducing new players to the game. Games should be geared
towards beginners, and your style should reflect this.
- Events run at conventions will be for the purpose of raising
awareness of the company, new product, and for entertaining new and
experienced players of R. Talsorian Games' products. Scenarios
may be more complex. R. Talsorian Games will provide prize
support for Chrome Beret members.
- Try not to turn players away, even if a little tardy. Try
to integrate them into the event as quickly as possible. If
unable to integrate (either due to event design, tournament play, or
similar) refer them to open slots in another R. Talsorian Games event
being run, or to the R. Talsorian Games website for more
information. Also provide them with the Chrome Beret address, so
they may see what other conventions are going to be covered, possibly
ones in their area.
- Remember that you represent the Chrome Berets, and R. Talsorian
Games. You are fully expected to adhere to the Chrome Beret Codes
of Conduct (see below).
- Following the demo, you are expected to fill out and return to
the Chrome Beret Supervisor all feedback forms. Please provide
retailers with feedback forms so that they may evaluate how the program
worked in their store.
run at personal residences will not be considered valid.
is being discussed with R. Talsorian Games. As soon as these
details are ironed out, this section will be revised.
Chrome Beret Codes of Conduct: Chrome Beret members will adhere
to the follow Codes of Conduct whenever they are running an official
Behavior at the event
- Personal appearance and hygiene must be exemplary.
- You will wear slacks, a nice skirt, or jeans in very good
condition along with a Chrome Beret shirt. In the summer it is
acceptable to wear shorts, provided they are khaki shorts and in
- You must wear shoes in good condition. Sandals,
flip-flops, or other open, or open toed shoes are not acceptable.
Facilitating the demo
- Make certain you are polite and courteous to all participants,
onlookers, and other patrons.
- Make certain that everyone feels included.
- Answer as many questions as you can as politely and succinctly
as you can. Don't say, "I don't know," if you can avoid it.
It is ok to look up rules, or details you can't remember. No one
expects you to have all the rules memorized verbatim.
- If asked questions regarding release schedules, story line
continuity, or other R. Talsorian Games company issues you do not know
the answer to, do not speculate or make something up. Refer the
person to the R. Talsorian Games website. If the question is in
regard to something Chrome Beret related, and you do not know the
answer, refer them to the official website, or give them the
supervisor's e-mail address.
- Make sure you are well rested prior to running the demo.
- Make sure you know the location of the store or convention and
have good directions. Allow plenty of time to get there,
remember, you'll need time to setup before the time the event is
scheduled to begin.
- Prior to setting up, talk to the retailer (if this event is
being run in a store) and find out exactly where he or she wants the
demo to run, and what he or she expects of you when running it.
You want to leave the retailer with a favorable impression of you, the
company, the product, and finally the demo team. This will
encourage him or her to stock the game and to schedule more
demos. Thus, work with him or her to create the atmosphere he or
- Remember to thank the retailer, after the demo, for allowing
you to run it. Also direct his attention to the retailer feedback
form and ask him or her to fill it out and send it in to the Chrome